Saturday, January 14, 2012

Another day another dollar

Hello everybody,


It has been a few days since my last post and we have accomplished a lot in that time. We formed and poured the abutment walls (those are the walls the bridge sits on). We have also set the rebar cages for all of the wing walls and formed up the one side of the bridge....it is starting to look like something. It is amazing how big it is, looks smaller on paper!!


Anyway I'm enjoying myself here in the heat. The people are friendly and always smiling, and I have been able to eat about 4 meals a day, which is a little short of my usuall 6 but I can't complain.


It is nice to just be outside in the jungle and building this awesome structure. The team from delaware is great, my guatemalans are great....overall it has been a good experience, so far. It has been a challenge managing this large group of workers during this complex project, especially when no one speaks english!! But I'm learning and having fun...if I have time after dinner I will post more photos, it is a sight to see!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.3

No comments:

Post a Comment